Women’s Health Quiz
1. _____________ Breast D/O is the thickening of normal breast
tissue and formation of _________.
2. Probable cause of fibrocystic
3. Pt w/ FCB D/O will not have any
pain or swelling occurring with the lump. T or F
- Name 3 Dx studies used for Fibrocystic Breast D/O.
- What is the Tx of this disorder?
- Name an inflammatory condition that happens most frequently in lactating women.
- All these are S/Sx of this condition except:
- fever; chills
- sore portion of one breast
- hot, red, swollen
- open oozing sores on breast
- All of these are Tx used for mastitis except:
- bed rest
- decrease fluid intake
- ice or warmth for comfort
- antibiotics, analgesics
- supportive bra
- continue to breast feed or pump
- ______________ is characterized by the presence of endometrial tissue outside the uterus
- Name some complications that occur due to this extra tissue
- All of these are S/Sx of endometriosis except:
- immaculate conception
- backache, lower abdominal pain
- What is the cause of endometriosis?
- The most serious complication of endometriosis is:
- Dx is confirmed by one or both methods:
- Treatment is a combination of ________ and ________ therapies.
- Medications used will imitate a state of _______ or _________. _________
________or ________may be used for this
- _______ _______ is usually a soft mass surrounded by a thin capsule and occur mainly during reproductive years. They are often asymptomatic.
- Cause _______ Sx such as : abdominal fullness, _________, urinary frequency,
__________, may also cause irregular menses
- Ovarian cysts are Dx by these tests:
- Tx for ovarian cyst are usually:
- PMS Sx are associated w/ _______ phase.
- Most important to tell your pt. to keep a _______ and record _________.
- Name some of the nutritional Tx of PMS:
- What meds are used to Tx PMS?
- Toxic Shock Syndrome is caused by:
tampons in too long
c. not washing
- Risk factors of TSS?
- S/Sx of TSS:
- All of these are interventions for TSS except for:
- IV fluids
- O2 therapy
- Supportive care
- Name some issues important to pt. teaching as pertains to TSS:
- Yeast infections caused by _________
- associated w/ _______________, pregnancy, ____________, diabetes, and
presence of _ _ _
- T or F these are all S/Sx of vaginal candidiasis: thick, white, curd-like
vaginal discharge, itching, dysuria, dysparenuia
- Treatment of candidiasis:
- With almost all STD’s it is important to remember?
- _____ is the most common cause of bacterial vaginosis.
- Typical signs and symptoms of bacterial vaginosis.
- What is the name of the test used to Dx bacterial vaginosis?
- ________ is the oral antibiotic most often given for bacterial vaginosis, but it may also be a vaginal gel
- What is important to remember with this antibiotic?
- all these are symptoms of Trichomoniasis except:
- yellow-green frothy odorous discharge
- open sores on genitalia
- what is the treatment for trichomoniasis
- Name some conditions associated with Chlamydia
- all of these are signs and symptoms of Chlamydia except:
- thin or purulent discharge
- burning and frequency of urination
- constant vaginal bleeding
- Common treatments used for Chlamydia:
- Name some signs and symptoms of Genital Herpes:
- ____________ and _________________ are the two main medications used to
- ________ is divided into early and late stages, is transmitted through blood vessels and is caused by Treponema pallidum
- Primary Sx are, ______ ______, fever, loss of wt and malaise
- Secondary signs can appear between _______ and ________ they may include?
- Syphilis can remain contagious for about __ _____.
- Late syphilis can affect the heart, _______, eyes, ears, _____ and any______
- Tests used to Dx syphilis:
- Tx for Syphilis:
- Gonorrhea places females at risk for:
- Signs and symptoms include all of the following except:
- purulent, greenish-yellow vaginal discharge
- urinary frequency
- generalized body rash
- foul smelling discharge
- T or F both partners need to be treated?
- What is the common Tx for Gonorrhea?
- Condyloma acuminate are commonly known as ________ _______ and are caused by the _______ _______ virus
- What do these look like?
- What are some Tx?
- Name some risk factors for PID.
- which of these are S/Sx of PID:
- sharp, cramping pain bilaterally
- fever, chills
- purulent vaginal discharge
- irregular bleeding
- all of the above
- The Dx of PID is confirmed by __________.
- Pt teaching about Toxoplasmosis includes:
- avoid poorly cooked or raw meat
- wash fruits and vegetables
- avoid contact with litter boxes
- all of the above
- Common cause of neonatal sepsis and meningitis is _________
- Is Rubella vaccination safe to give during pregnancy? If not how long
should you wait to become pregnant?
- What is the definition of ectopic pregnancy?
- What are some of the Dx studies used?
- What is the drug given to destroy rapidly dividing fetal cells?
- What is the major complication of ectopic pregnancy?
- What is the definition of spontaneous abortion?
- What happens with an incomplete abortion and what procedure is needed?
- What are the characteristics of a Hydatidiform Mole?
- What is the worst possible complication?
- What is the most important pt teaching after a hydatidiform mole?
- It is important to recognize that domestic violence is a?
- What are the two most important things when dealing with a rape survivor?
Answers to Women's Health Quiz